Throughout the course, hands-on exercises (both classroom & Lab Assignment) are designed to teach the use of IoT with the help of NodeMCU and Raspberry Pi.
No experience is required. But fundamental knowledge of C would be helpful.
Key Learning Outcomes:
On completion of the course, you should be able to:
• Explain the definition and usage of the term “Internet of Things” in different contexts
• Understand the key components that make up an IoT system
• Differentiate between the levels of the IoT stack and be familiar with the key technologies and protocols employed at each layer of the stack
• Apply the knowledge and skills acquired during the course to build and test a complete, working IoT system involving prototyping, programming and data analysis
• Understand where the IoT concept fits within the broader ICT industry and possible future trends
• Appreciate the role of big data, cloud computing and data analytics in a typical IoT system
• Basic proficiency in object-oriented and structured programming.
• Basic proficiency in C and Java programming.
Test & Evaluation:
• During the program, the participants will have to take all assignments given to them for better learning.
• At the end of the program, a final assessment will be conducted.
• All successful participants will be provided with a certificate of completion.
• Students who do not complete the course / leave it midway will not be awarded any.
Delivery Mode & Duration:
Online Live Mode – 100 Hours (50 Hours Online Live sessions + 50 Hours of assignment)
Session – 1
- Introduction of IoT.
- Advantage & Disadvantage of IoT.
- Application of IoT.
- Introduction to Electronics Components:
- Introduction to Micro-Controller.
- History of Micro-Controller.
Session – 2
- Introduction to NodeMCU Micro-Controller.
- Features of NodeMCU.
- Pin Configuration of NodeMCU.
- Output Registers of NodeMCU.
- Interfacing of LED with NodeMCU.
- Input Registers of NodeMCU.
- Interfacing of Switches with NodeMCU.
Session – 3
- Introduction to LCD.
- Pin Configuration of LCD.
- Interfacing of LCD with NodeMCU.
- Commands used to display character on LCD using NodeMCU.
- Commands used to display name on LCD using Node
Session – 4
- Introduction to ADC function of NodeMCU.
- Interfacing analog devices with NodeMCU.
- Commands to use ADC function of NodeMCU.
- Interfacing of Motor with NODE
- Interfacing of Sensor with ATmega328
Session – 5
- Introduction to CLOUD SERVER
- Arduno Programming Software
Session – 6
- Introduction to Wi-Fi Module ESP8266.
- Connecting Wi-Fi module through a router or modem.
- Hosting webpage through NodeMCU using Wi-Fi module.
Session – 7
- Introduction to SMTP Server.
- Sending Mail through SMTP Server Using Wi-Fi mo dule of NodeMCU
- Concept of MAC Binding for fixed IP address
- Concept of PORT Forwarding
Session – 8
- Introduction to Raspberry Pi.
- Features of Raspberry Pi.
- Pin Configuration of Raspberry Pi.
- Output Registers of Raspberry Pi.
- Interfacing of LED with Raspberry Pi.
- Input Registers of Raspberry Pi.
- Interfacing of Switches with Raspberry Pi.
Session – 9
- Introduction to Python Programming Language
Session – 10
- Interfacing of LCD with Raspberry Pi.
- Commands used to display character on LCD using Raspberry
- Commands used to display name on LCD using Raspberry Pi.
- Header file of LCD
Session – 11
- Interfacing of Temperature Sensor DS18B20 with Raspberry
- Interfacing of Humidity Sensor DHT11/DHT22 with
Session – 12
- Uploading the temperature value on Cloud.
- Uploading the humidity value on Cloud.
- Sending mail through SMTP Server using Raspberry Pi
- Introduction to SSH.